Lunch Ordering Information
Hot lunch is available every day of the week for each child. At St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School, we wish to instill a healthy school environment for our students by providing a variety of nutritious convenient and economical meals and snacks to help our children’s ability to learn.
Important Details Regarding the Lunch Program:
Hot lunch cost is $3.50 per meal including a drink and $1.00 extra for a second serving of the main course.
Packed lunches cannot be heated or reheated. Please take this into consideration when packing your child’s lunch.
Individual "Beverage Tickets" can be purchased for $0.50 each. Beverage choices at this time are milk, chocolate milk, lemonade and water. All are subject to availability from our vendor.
Individual "Ice Cream Tickets" can be purchased for $1.00 each. This option is only available for our McSherrystown students. Ice Cream choices at this time are provided by the Hershey's Company and are subject to availability from our vendor.
Lunches are available for students to pre-purchase Monday thru Friday. All lunches must be pre-ordered using our cafeteria management software MealManage. All families will receive a link requesting that they set-up an account. It is recommended that each family upload funds to establish a balance either via check or credit card. This makes pre-ordering easier for the user.
Utensils and napkins will be provided for every child that purchases lunch. Please remember to pack the appropriate utensils for your child on the days that they are packing lunch.
Whenever it is necessary to send money to school, please send it in an envelope stating on the outside the child’s name, grade, amount and purpose.
Please do not combine payment for other items into your payment for school lunch, drink tickets or ice cream tickets. For example, payment for a class activity, fundraiser or etc. are not to be included with payment for a lunch order.
Students are expected to be courteous and observe appropriate table manners. Talking should be in moderate tones while eating. Quite time is to be observed during clean-up and when entering or leaving the cafeteria.
No one is to leave the school grounds or lunch area during the lunch period for any reason without permission of the principal, teacher or staff member on lunch duty.
In order to meet the nutritional and safety needs of every child, we require that every child and family follow the below food policy:
- No child should trade or share food at any time including lunch, snack, classroom celebrations, bus rides, school transportation, or school-related activities.
- Each child is to come to school prepared for lunch with either a packed lunch or purchased lunch option. If a child forgets his/her lunch, we will provide the child with either a hot meal that is being served that day or a bowl of cereal if quantities do not allow enough to serve the hot meal option. The cost is $3.50 for anyone that needs to be fed a lunch that was not prepaid or pre-ordered. The student's Meal Manage account will be updated to reflect forgotten lunch purchases. Prompt payment is expected.
- Each child will be supervised over the lunch period by a member of the school personnel and will be encouraged to consume a portion of their lunch.
- No food will leave the cafeteria or designated areas as assigned by the school personnel.
- Food Allergies: Please indicate any food allergies your child may have in the MealManage program. This feature is designed to alert parents, as well as the kitchen staff and school staff of your child’s allergies and possible food interactions on our menu.
- Lunch orders are placed and paid in advance. If you are paying by check, the check must be sent to the office before you can submit your online pre-order. We strongly encourage all payments be made using the secure online credit processing portal due to changes in the check processing methods and fees implemented by our bank, as well as the extra time needed to now process checks.
- Anyone in need of financial assistance with the school lunch program please contact the school principal.
If you have any further questions please contact Mrs. Chris O'Brien, STC Kitchen Coordinator, at 717-637-3135 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.