Lunch Ordering Information
Hot lunch is available every day of the week for each child. At St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School, we wish to instill a healthy school environment for our students by providing a variety of nutritious convenient and economical meals and snacks to help our children’s ability to learn.
Important Details Regarding the Lunch Program:
Hot lunch cost is $3.50 per meal including a drink and $1.00 extra for a second serving of the main course.
Packed lunches will not be able to be heated or reheated. Please take this into consideration when packing your child’s lunch.
Individual Beverage Tickets can be purchased for $0.50 each. Beverage choices at this time are milk, chocolate milk, Lemonade and Water. All are subject to availability from our vendor.
Lunches are available for students to pre-purchase Monday thru Friday. At this time, we are working on procuring a more simplified and streamlined online lunch ordering portal. Until one is found, STC will be using paper order forms. These forms will be sent home in the Friday Folder bi-weekly.
Utensils and napkins will be provided for every child that purchases lunch. Please remember to pack the appropriate utensils for your child on the days that they are packing lunch.
Whenever it is necessary to send money to school, please send it in an envelope stating on the outside the child’s name, grade, amount and purpose.
Please do not combine payment for other items into your payment for school lunch. For example, payment for a class activity, fundraiser or etc. are not to be included with payment for a lunch order.
Students are expected to be courteous and observe appropriate table manners. Talking should be in moderate tones while eating. Quite time is to be observed during clean-up and when entering or leaving the cafeteria.
No one is to leave the school grounds or lunch area during the lunch period for any reason without permission of the principal, teacher or staff member on lunch duty.
In order to meet the nutritional and safety needs of every child, we require that every child and family follow the below food policy:
- No child should trade or share food at any time including lunch, snack, classroom celebrations, bus rides, school transportation, or school-related activities.
- Each child is to come to school prepared for lunch with either a packed lunch or purchased lunch option. If a child forgets his/her lunch, we will provide the child with either a hot meal that is being served that day or a bowl of cereal if quantities do not allow enough to serve the hot meal option. The cost is $3.50 for anyone that needs to be fed a lunch that was not prepaid or preordered. An invoice will be sent home in the Friday Folder for any forgotten lunches. Prompt payment is expected.
- Each child will be supervised over the lunch period by a member of the school personnel and will be encouraged to consume a portion of their lunch.
- No food will leave the cafeteria or designated areas as assigned by the school personnel.
- Food Allergies: Please notify the school with any food allergies your child may have so the kitchen staff and school staff will be aware of your child’s needs.
- Lunch orders are placed and paid in advance.
- Anyone in need of financial assistance with the school lunch program please contact the school principal.
If you have any further questions please contact Mrs. Chris O’Brien, STC Kitchen Coordinator, at 717-637-3135.