“We are the music-makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams.
World-losers and world-forsakers,
Upon whom the pale moon gleams;
Yet we are the movers and shakers,
Of the world forever, it seems.”
- Students in Grades 4, 5, and 6 are now working on music for the school Christmas Show in December.
- Students in Grades 6 - 8 should have joined their respective Google Music Classroom. Detailed assignments, with links when needed, are posted in the classroom. Students should check their Classroom weekly for updates/announcements.
- CHOIR: There will be AFTER SCHOOL Choir Rehearsal on Thursday, December 13, from 3 - 4pm.
- December 6: Grade 8:
- Bring 10 - 15 pages of Loose Leaf to class on December 13. Also cut and paste the 4 pages I gave you in class onto the loose leaf. ONLY ONE page per sheet of looseleaf. Do not use the back side of the looseleaf. We will insert these pages and the remaining loose leaf into your 3 prong folders (from last year). This will be your new Listening Journal. See GOOGLE MUSIC CLASSROOM
- December 6: Grade 7: Please have a 3 prong folder for December 13. This will be your Listening Journal. Insert 10 - 15 pages of Loose Leaf. Also cut and paste the 4 pages I gave you in class onto the loose leaf. ONLY ONE page per sheet of looseleaf. Do not use the back side of the looseleaf. Insert these 4 pages at the beginning of the 3 prong folder. See GOOGLE MUSIC CLASSROOM
- November 27: Grade 4: Memorized for next class: Silver Bells; Pinata: Both English and Spanish: Here We Come a Wassailing: all verses; Pat a Pan: all verses; Fum Fum Fum: English words. We add INSTRUMENTS next class!
- November 27: Grade 5 Music is posted in each of the 5th grade Music Google Classrooms. Practice with the vocal tracks and then, with the accompaniment tracks. No papers for the 1st four songs next week.
- November 13: Grade 4: Christmas Show: 1. Silver Bells: all memorized. 2. Pinata: English and Spanish memorized. 3. Look over the last 3 songs: verses 1 & 2.
- November 13: Grade 5: Songs for the Christmas Show: ALL words memorized for: Come, Light of the World/Mary's Song of Praise/I Will Name him Jesus. Work hard on Light in the Manger. GOOGLE CLASSROOM will have the songs posted so you can sing along at home. Mrs. Garman will have you join the Music Classroom NEXT WEEK.
- November 9: Grade 6: Continue to practice Boar's Head Carol on the recorder. Do not write the note names in. Practice reading them in rhythm. Also learn word to the Boar's Head Carol, learning your respective part: 1,2,3. Begin to study words to "Go Tell It On the Mountain". Check GOOGLE classroom for more details and a posting of a play along part for the recorder piece!
- November 8: Grade 7 & 8: Study for test on Thursday, November 15. Please refer to homework assigned on November 1. Also refer to GOOGLE MUSIC CLASSROOM. ***NO listening on this test!
- November 6: Grade 5: Study words to song #1: NO papers in class next week; Song #2: Study those words as well: No Papers
- November 6: Grade 4: Learn the words to Silver Bells: Know your Part 1 or Part 2; learn English words to Pinata and practice the Spanish words; Study words to Vs. 1 and 2 of Here We Come A-Wassailing
- November 1: Students in 7th and 8th grades should be studying the Music Definition Sheet: all terms, except #9. Students should go back and review the list of vocabulary from "Overture to Candide". Also review the Vocabulary from Night on Bald Mountain See Google Classroom
- November 2: Students in Grade 6 are to write the words to the National Anthem one time. You may not type them. DUE: Friday, November 2 in class. All practice reading the notes to the Recorder Version of "Boar's Head Carol".