St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School was officially established on July 1, 2017. It was formed by the consolidation of three Catholic Schools with long-standing traditions rooted in the Catholic faith.
Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic School (ICBVM) was established in 1862 by Jesuit Father Francis Deneckere. Three Sisters of Christian Charity began teaching at ICBVM in 1899. The Sisters of Mercy staffed the school from 1913 until 1994. ICBVM was administered by a Sister of Saint Joseph of Chestnut Hill, Pennsylvania from 1994 until 1998, followed by certified lay principals until June 2017.
Sacred Heart of Jesus School opened its doors in the late 1870’s. The School was continuously staffed by the Sisters of Saint Joseph from its opening until June 2017.
Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic School (ABVM) opened in 1908 as St. Mary’s School. ABVM was administered by the Sisters of Saint Joseph until 1987, by the Sisters of Christian Charity until 1994, by a Sister of Saint Joseph until 2011, and by certified lay principals until June 2017.
St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School continues the Catholic faith tradition and Catholic educational excellence of serving students of all faiths with a dedicated and fully certified administration and faculty. Sisters of Saint Joseph continue to serve and volunteer in our school.