We, at St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School, nurture and educate each child to be lifelong learners who value the sanctity of life, and endeavor to grow in and defend the Catholic faith. Building on almost 200 years of rich heritage in religious and academic excellence, we strive to continue quality Catholic-centered education in a Christ-filled environment in Adams County. Every child is a unique and valuable gift from God. Built on Christ, the mission of St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School is:
- to form students’ Christian values rooted in the Gospel,
- to educate the whole child to his or her fullest potential spiritually, intellectually, physically, emotionally, and socially,
- to empower students to live lives of service and leadership in their communities,
- to guide its students on their journey to become disciples of Christ,
- to create a caring, safe, and respectful environment, and
- to build a strong partnership with our school families and communities.
Core Values and Beliefs
- Every child is unique and valuable, a gift from God, with special talents and gifts to share with our school, the community, and the world at large.
- Teachers are partners with our parents, the primary educators of their child(ren) entrusted to them.
- Catholic education fosters Christian values to improve the quality of life for all.
- We must foster a love of learning in a flexible environment while nurturing the values of self-esteem, self-discipline, and a spirit of cooperation.
- Children flourish in a safe, nurturing, and secure environment.
- We strive for excellence, both academically and spiritually, by challenging our students to acquire problem solving and critical thinking skills through an integrated, project-based curriculum that will be necessary for disciples of Christ to be college and career ready in an ever-changing world.
- Evangelization is part of our mission to our Catholic students and families, our parishes, and our non-Catholic students and families.
St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School is an interparochial school, operating under the guidance and direction of the Diocese of Harrisburg, which provides academic excellence in a Christ-centered environment. The vision of St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School is to nurture and develop students as disciples of Jesus Christ in a culture of mutual respect, kindness, and academic excellence through rigorous instruction in religion and all areas so as to become productive and virtuous citizens living a life of service and leadership in their communities.