Lunch Ordering Information
Hot lunch is available every day of the week for each child enrolled in K-8 and attending our Full Day Pre-K Program. At St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School, we wish to instill a healthy school environment for our students by providing a variety of nutritious, convenient and economical meals and snacks to help with our children’s ability to learn.
Important Details Regarding the Lunch Program:
Hot lunch cost is $3.00 per meal, including a drink, and $1.00 extra for a second serving of the main course.
Packed lunches cannot be heated or reheated at school. Please take this into consideration when packing your child’s lunch.
Individual Beverage Tickets can be purchased for $0.50 each. Beverage choices are Chocolate and White milk, Orange juice and Water. Sometimes throughout the year other options such as Lemonade or Flavored Water may be available. To purchase Beverage Tickets, please send money in an envelope to the school office with name of student, grade and quantity. Beverage Tickets will be given to the student that same day.
Lunches are available for students to pre-purchase Monday thru Friday. For planning and preparation, parents are asked to have all orders placed on the lunch program, myschoolaccount.com, by the designated date stated on the website. Lunches can be paid thru the lunch software program by your checking account or you may send in cash or check to the school office marked LUNCH PROGRAM.
Utensils and napkins will be provided for every child that purchases lunch. Please remember to pack the appropriate utensils for your child on the days that they are packing lunch.
Whenever it is necessary to send money to school, please send it in an envelope stating on the outside the child’s name, grade, amount and purpose.
Please do not combine payment for other items into your payment for school lunch. For example, payment for a class activity, fundraiser or etc. are not to be included with payment for a lunch order.
Students are expected to be courteous and observe appropriate table manners. Talking should be in moderate tones while eating. Quite time is to be observed during clean-up and when entering or leaving the cafeteria.
No one is to leave the school grounds or lunch area during the lunch period for any reason without permission of the principal, teacher or staff member on lunch duty.
In order to meet the nutritional and safety needs of every child, we require that every child and family follow the below food policy:
- No child should trade or share food at any time. This includes lunch, snack, classroom celebrations, bus rides, school transportation, or school-related activities.
- Each child is to come to school prepared for lunch with either a packed lunch or purchased lunch option. If a child forgets his/her lunch, we will provide the child with either a hot meal that is being served that day or a bowl of cereal (if quantities do not allow enough to serve the hot meal option). The cost is $3.00 for anyone that needs to be fed a lunch that was not pre-paid or pre-ordered.
- Each child will be supervised over the lunch period by a member of the school faculty/staff and will be encouraged to consume a portion of their lunch.
- No food will leave the cafeteria or designated areas as assigned by the school personnel.
How Do I Pay?
You may make a payment thru your checking account when you place your order on the lunch program software online. You may also send in your payment to the school office by cash or check made payable to St. Teresa of Calcutta School. (One check for multiple siblings is allowed).
If you choose to send in a payment, place your payment in an envelope or Ziploc bag. (Don’t seal the envelope if you want it returned, tape and write reuse on it). Put name, grade, and lunch order on the outside of envelope/bag.
What Happens if My Child Should Miss an Ordered Lunch?
Credits will be issued to your lunch account for absent days, and school cancellations due to inclement weather. Credits will not be given for unexcused absences or days ordered when clearly marked on the calendar that relate to field trips or other class events.
Credits will be carried over at the end of the school year.
What Happens if You Order (ex. Pizza) For a Child for the Month and They Dislike it the First Time They Try It?
Email email@example.com or send a note in to Mrs. Harriett and she will remove future orders of that particular lunch.
What Happens if my Child Forgets Their Lunch?
If a teacher is notified before lunch, every effort will be made to contact a caregiver so that you have the option of bringing a lunch to school.
If you are unable to be reached, or if the child waits until they are in the cafeteria to let it be known, they will still receive a lunch. If a child forgets his/her lunch, we will provide the child with either a hot meal that is being served that day or a bowl of cereal along with sides being served that day if quantities do not allow enough to serve the main dish of the hot meal option. The cost is $3.00 for anyone that needs to be fed a lunch that was not pre-paid or pre-ordered.
Mrs. Harriett is in charge of the “Forgotten Lunches” and will send home a note with the date your child did not have a lunch, and how much money needs to be sent in to school.
Please return payment in an envelope marked “Forgotten Lunch” with your child’s name, grade and ATTN: MRS. HARRIETT. Once received, Mrs. Harriett will mark them off as paid. It is important to pay promptly because this is a self-funded program.
- Food Allergies: Please notify the school with any food allergies your child may have so the kitchen staff and school staff will be aware of your child’s needs.
- Lunch orders are placed and paid in advance. If you miss the order date please contact Mrs. Harriett to see about placing a late lunch order for that month. Please pay attention to open order dates on the lunch program for all orders. We will also post lunch ordering dates on the School Newsletter, Social Media and School Website.
- Anyone in need of financial assistance with the school lunch program please contact your school principal.
- Anyone who does not have access to a computer to place their lunch order, please contact the school office or Mrs. Harriett to receive a paper copy of the menu.
If you have any further questions please contact Mrs. Harriet at 717-632-8715 or firstname.lastname@example.org