Registrations for our current families and new families are now underway. The registration fee for our current families is now $100 for the first child and $150 family maximum. The new family registration fee of $50.00 has been extended until April 18, 2017. Checks should be made payable to St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School. Please see the Admissions tab for registration forms.
We appreciate the response from our families in joining us for an exciting future as St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School. We look forward to serving you and your family for the 2017-2018 school year.
Beginning Monday, February 20th, all registered families may begin to complete the FACTS application for tuition scholarship assistance. The link for this application is available here. If you have any questions, please contact your current school office.
Highlights of our Religion program include:
- Daily religious instruction
- Regular celebration for the Holy Mass
- Weekly instruction by seminarians from Mount St. Mary's Seminary
- Stations of the Cross during Lent
- Religious retreat for the Sacraments of Penance, First Holy Communion, and Confirmation
- Prayer Partners
Saint Teresa of Calcutta has a wide range of academic areas. Emphasis is on the following:
- Academic core curriculum includes: Religion, Integrated Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Program of Distinction, as recognized by MSA-CESS (Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools). This includes: Advancing Science, Makerspace, 3-D printer, and STEM Camp
- Experienced, dedicated, nurturing, and fully certified faculty and staff
- Pre-K program at St. Joseph Academy
- After School CARES program at St. Joseph Academy
- Full day Kindergarten
- State-of-the-art technology featuring fully equipped computer labs, SMART boards, iPads, and Chromebooks coordinated with daily assignment
- World Language (K-8)
- Advanced high school level Algebra class for qualified 8th grade students
- Enrichment program for qualified students
- Student Support Team (SST) program
- Instructional Support Teachers
- Lincoln Intermediate Unit Services including Speech and Language therapy, remedial Reading and Math, Counseling Services, Education/ Psychological evaluations, and Gifted & Talented programs
Saint Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School provides a wide variety of extra-curricular activities and special programs. These programs include:
- Affordable lunch program
- Altar Serving
- Athletics: CYO Basketball, Cheerleading, Cross Country, Running club, and Volleyball. We coordinate with Delone Catholic the following: JV Wrestling and JV football
- Bricks 4 Kidz (K-3)
- Bus transportation to and from local school districts
- Chess Club
- Instrumental Music
- Nursing Services
- School Choir
- Performing Arts (Plays/Musicals)
- School Uniforms
- Student Council
- SWAT (Students Working to Advance Technology)
St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School Transition Update
Reminder that April 15th is the deadline to apply for the FACTS Tuition Assistance Scholarship for consideration for the Neumann Scholarship Assistance (Pennsylvania residents). By filing this form, you will also be considered for any additional school scholarships that are available (PA and Maryland residents). In order to be eligible for all tuition scholarships, you must apply and be registered for the 2017-2018 school year with St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School. Final acceptance is contingent upon meeting all 2016-2017 financial obligations to your current school.
Acceptance information for all St. Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School student registrations will be sent during the week of April 17th. You should receive this information no later than Monday April 24th.
Since mid-March, we have been working closely with the Diocese of Harrisburg on our staffing for St Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School for the 2017-2018 school year. Once the process of employment positions have been offered and accepted, we will post next year's staff on our websites and weekly newsletters.
We are also currently working on flyers for new school uniforms (Flynn and O'Hara) and Physical Education uniforms (Weaver's Screen Printing, Hanover) with a new school emblem. We have a graphic designer who is currently working on the uniform emblem as well as a new school logo. There will be a transition phase of two years for our current students to the new school uniforms.
Committees for technology, repositioning (moving), transition activities, parent ambassador, and spiritual life will be forming sometime after Easter break.